Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Sarah Sarah is offline

Default Protect Pivot Table Individual Results

Hi Jim

Not that confidential - none of these Users are hackers I just don't want
them to be so easily tempted to look at other people's numbers, but the
info's not juicy enough to warrant hacking and even if they did, it's no
biggy.

so do you think you have a solution for me? :)

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

How confidential is this data that you are sending out. The reason that I ask
is that there is no 100% foolproof way to lock this down such that the user
can not break into it. Excel is very eay to Hack... If you are not too woried
about the concerted efforts of a devious employee then we can come up with
something that will work...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Sarah" wrote:

I have created a pivot table from a master excel sheet with several different
"Users" listed with their accompanying Turnover information. I now need to
send each User a separate summary of their pivot table data so that they have
the ability to double click and open up their detailed data. But I can't
figure out how to restrict them from accessing OTHER Users' data by
selecting another User from the pivot table list, while still keeping the
link to the master data sheet.

Can anyone help me with this? I know I don't have to create 65 separate data
sheets and create a separate pivot table from each of those (otherwise why
would I create a pivot table at all?!)

:)