Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Need something more than Conditional Formatting

Wait for Excel 2007?

In an adjacent cell you could use one of the "symbol" fonts like Wingdings
and insert a directional arrow based on a cells value. For example:

A1 = 10

Formula in B1 to display an up arrow if A1 5. B1 formatted as Wingdings 3:

=IF(A15,CHAR(219),"")

Other than that, I got nothin!

Biff

"Lynda" wrote in message
Having a shocker today guys, got questions all over the place.
(Excel 2003) In my spreadsheet I have to use traffic light colours to show
if certain data is either good, okay or needs attention. This would
generally
be fine as I could use conditional formatting but my supervisor wants to
also, along with the colours, put up, down and sideways arrows in the in
the
coloured cells. Can anyone advise me on how I can do this?