Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vijay_India Vijay_India is offline

Default Summary File

try out "Data consolidation" under Data menu.

"Pitch4PD" wrote:

I am working on making a summary file that takes selected values from other
files and putting them in another file for a quick comparison. Currently I
have it setup where each cell is individually linked to the file and cell
location where it will take the values from. I am trying to figure out how I
can make it do it in a batch, where I tell it what file to look at and it
will take the specified values and put it in the summary file. Instead of me
manually putting in the link each time in the summary file (120 values each
time). The values are in the same locations in each of the files I am taking
it from so it shouldnt be this time consuming.

Any suggestions appreciated,
Thank you.