Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Workbook Name Suffixed With Number

Are you sure that the file is not named Test.xlt, that is a template?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Aaron Brett" <Aaron wrote in message
Hi

Just recently (not sure why it has happened), when I open an excel file

from
a shortcut I already had placed on my desktop, it opens the file and

suffixs
the workbook name with a 1 (eg Test.xls would open as Test1.xls).

This means that it is not the actual file open, but a copy (so when I

click
on save I get the save as box).

Does anyone know why this is happening and more importantly how to fix
(please!!!)

I've tried deleting the shortcut and resetting it. My Xl startup folder

is
empty apart from a PDMaker.xlt file

Aaron