Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vijay_India Vijay_India is offline

Default Sheet Reference is not working

Kevin,

Tell me what your cell displays - the formula or the value. Is it that you
are not able to give a link with "=" so you have to type in even the
reference. I am not clear on your bug. Please clarify so that I can solve the
problem.

"Kevin" wrote:

So I seem to have a rather unique bug.
When I try to create a formula with an off sheet reference excel does not
behave form me as it should.

Scenario
1) type "=" in some cell to initiate formula
2) Click on a separate sheet
3) Click an arbitrary cell
4) Enter

What I expect to happen is that the cell original cell gets populated with
"=<sheet name!<Cell"

What actually happens is the formula either gets populated in the cell on
the sheet where I clicked in step 3.

In the formula cell detail at the top as I can see the formula being defined
correctly.
If I manually enter in the information the formula will work
If I copy a formula from page to page it will work

The issue here is that this is a really painful bug because I can no longer
create simple off sheet references without explicitly typing them in.

I can't understand what setting has gone wrong here to cause this

Any help would be greatly appreciated.