Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
BorisS BorisS is offline

Default two bars and a line on 2 axes

Very impressive stuff on your site. Hats off. I've seen some others, but
this is a cut above.

Thanks for the tips on selecting secondary axis as well.

Not sure if it's a related question, but actually choosing which type of
charting happens for a particular series (as in, if I have, let's say, three
lines that I want and 2 bars). Possible? How do I tell Excel which series
goes with which type, or is it simply that if I have two axes, and one
corresponds to columns and the other to lines, then by telling something that
is initially a column to be on the secondary axis, it'll just switch to a
line because it'll then be on the secondary axis?
--
Boris

"Andy Pope" wrote:

If you double click the series there is an tab on the format dialog
which allows you to specify which axis to use.
The secondary y axis is displayed automatically. If you need the
secondary X axis see here
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm

Cheers
Andy

BorisS wrote:
Thanks. And how do I get the second axis to work? In other words, by
clicking on the series which I want to convert from column to line, do I
select the custom column-line 2 axes type, and then it knows automatically
that I meant for the column on which I selected to be the line and the second
axis?

Thanks for the further clarification.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel