Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shirlo Shirlo is offline

Default Sorting A-Z with 1st row as column header

Normally, if I have a spreadsheet where the first row contains the column
headers, I can click on the A-Z sort button and the first row is
automagically excluded. Occasionally, however, Excel does NOT see the first
row as a header row and sorts it as well. Why? I can't find any rhyme or
reason. All the column headers are entered appropriate (no leading spaces,
no leading funky characters). If I click on Data - Sort and tell it the
first row contains the headers, it all sorts fine. I just don't want to have
to do that for a simple sort. But more than that, it just really bugs me
that I can't figure out WHY it works differently sometimes.