Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Opening Excel

Barry

Go to StartSettingsFolderOptionsFile Types. Scroll down to MS Excel
Worksheet. Then if running Win98 OS Edit select "Open" and Edit.

If using WinXP OS you would scroll down to .XLS then "Advanced"OpenEdit.

In Command line the path should be similar to this....

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE9\EXCEL.EXE" /e (delete the <sp/e if
you want Book1 to open.

You must have the double quotes.

Below have "use DDE" checked and this in the DDE message box....[open("%1")]

Application should read "Excel"(no quotes)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 05:56:01 -0800, Barry
wrote:

I've created an Excel template and put it into the recommended location and
it works. However, when I open an existing Excel workbook from explorer,
instead of just opening the workbook that I want opened, it also opens a
blank workbook. I have to go close the blank workbook separately, which is a
real pain. How can I keep this "extra" blank workbook from opening every
time I open an existing workbook? I am using Excel 2003 (11.8033.8036) SP2.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.