Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
marketerinco marketerinco is offline

Default Date won't format

Can you tell me how to multiply it by 1? I double checked a few cells and
there doesn't seem to be a space before or after.

"John Wilson" wrote:

Try multiplying the date cell(s) by 1
If it's a date, it should get you a 5 digit number that you can format as
any date format you want.
If it doesn't, then it's not a 'date" in the cell(s).
Possibly a space (or other character) before or after??

John

"marketerinco" wrote in message
Still no luck. I have tried to even copy the data into a new spreadsheet.
have gone in and created the custom format and still nothing. There are
700
of the dates in this file and I don't have them in any other format. This
file is it. Is there possibly a format lock on the cell?

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

Cell is probably formatted as text. Re-format as Custom, enter mm/dd/yyyy
(or find the equiavalent in the Date category), then re-enter the cell.
(F2/Enter)

"marketerinco" wrote in message
I am trying to get a date column to apply a format. For example the
dates
are entered as 1/22/2007 and I need them to be 01/22/2007 but when I go
into
dates and select that format it does not apply it. Does anyone know
what
can do? These are expiration dates that we need to import into our
eblast
program for membership renewals.