Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vish Vish is offline

Default how do I create multiple column width in the same column in ex

I have two ranges of information one below the other. The column width needs
to be changed for it to work. Think of it as the top range with 4 columns of
3 cms and the bottom range with 3 columns of 4 cms each. Although the total
width of the range is the same, the columns do not match. I heard of the
picture function, where you bring the info from somewhere else and past is as
a picture. Is that an option? Is that the only option?

thanks

"spocky" wrote:

It may help if you could advise what you are trying to achieve?

Biff wrote:
You can't have different column widths within the same column. The entire
column must be the same width.

You could try merging 2 cells from adjacent columns but merging cells can
cause problems with some operations like sorting, filtering, etc. if you
haven't accounted for that in your design.

Biff

"Vish" wrote in message
I need to create spreadsheets where the width of the same column needs to
change for different rows. How do I do it?

Thanks