Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jcurless jcurless is offline

Default cell passwords

Otto,

Thanks for your response. However, I am not sure I follow your idea. Could
you please elaborate on your idea/concept.

JKC

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

You cannot use passwords for specific cells, but you can achieve the gist of
what you want with VBA. Basically, when the file is opened or when a sheet
is accessed, an Input Box would pop up and ask for the password. Then the
code would lock/unlock the pertinent cells for that password and protect the
sheet. Does this like something you might use? HTH Otto
"jcurless" wrote in message
I would like to create a specific password for different cells. This would
allow multiple users the edit the spread sheet but only edit specific
information. However, everyone with access to the spreadsheet could see
the
data.

Example: Following users can edit thier cells only
User Password
Joe XXX
Sam yyy
Sam yyy