JulieD

you're welcome and thanks for the feedback

cheers
JulieD

"Lee" wrote in message
IT WORKED!

The Dollar Signs did the trick.

Thank you so much, and to the gentlemen for their suggestions as well.

You people are geniuses.

Thank You.
Lee

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Lee

1) which cell are you putting the conditional formatting on
2) no " " in the formula
3) when the information AA10 and AB2 is selected via the drop down list
are
the resulting values in these cells numbers or text - use
=ISNUMBER(AA10) or =ISTEXT(AA10) to answer this question, if they are
text
try
=AND($AA$10="6",$AB$10="2")
if numbers try
=AND($AA$10=6,$AB$10=2)

Cheers
JulieD

"Lee" wrote in message
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm sorry for my ignorance - way over
my
head
here.

I believe the Conditional Formatting will do the trick (I didn't even
know
you could use a formula there).

I've tried the formula "=AND(AA10=6,AB10=2)" and conditionally
formatted
change the background color of this cell to red when true.

However even when AA10=6 and AB10=2, the cell color still doesn't
change?

Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm using combo box
selections to make AA10=6 and AB10=2?

Thank you guys so much for your help.
Lee

"Lee" wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells,
and if
a certain combination of values exists, change the format of another
cell?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You.