Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default I used "save" instead of "save as" in Excel

I would recommend that in future you choose the "Always create backup copy"
option when you "Save As", and also that the first thing you do when you're
producing the new version is to "Save As" with the new document name before
you forget, and before you change any of the content.
--
David Biddulph

"Ken Walters" wrote in message
I was finished with a monthly report, which I save, but I make changes at
the
beginning of each month to alter some of the items in the report and save
the
file with the changes as a different document. After deleting all the
previously entered data, and saving under the same document name, I'm
afraid
the entire report is lost.