Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I used "save" instead of "save as" in Excel

Is it possible to restore an Excel document if I used SAVE instead of SAVE AS
to create a new document??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only if you have a backup version of that workbook somewhere...

Maybe in your sent folder of your email software???
Maybe someone you shared a copy with can forward an earlier copy back to you.
Maybe your IT folks back up your network drives/local harddrives???

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was finished with a monthly report, which I save, but I make changes at the
beginning of each month to alter some of the items in the report and save the
file with the changes as a different document. After deleting all the
previously entered data, and saving under the same document name, I'm afraid
the entire report is lost.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would recommend that in future you choose the "Always create backup copy"
option when you "Save As", and also that the first thing you do when you're
producing the new version is to "Save As" with the new document name before
you forget, and before you change any of the content.
--
David Biddulph

"Ken Walters" wrote in message
I was finished with a monthly report, which I save, but I make changes at
the
beginning of each month to alter some of the items in the report and save
the
file with the changes as a different document. After deleting all the
previously entered data, and saving under the same document name, I'm
afraid
the entire report is lost.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ken,

In the future, set the original file read-only (in the folder window,
right-click the file, select Properties, and check read-only). If that's
not appropriate, do the Save-as before you start making changes. Then save
from time to time, and when you're done with the changes.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com