Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Change the "Insert Function" display for mail merge

You may need to try a helper column with =TEXT(A1,"h:mm AM/PM")
--
David Biddulph

"Beach Lover" wrote in message
I have entered times into a spreadsheet which have been formatted to hh:mm.
They show up in the cells correctly, but in the function line (fx) they
show
up as hh:mm:ss AM or PM, respectively. When I do a mail merge, the time
that
is brought into the merged document is what is showing in the function
line.
How do I get it to bring the data that is being displayed in the cell?

Example: 6:00 PM shows in cell.......06:00:00 PM shows in the function
line
and this is what gets merged into the Word document.