Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change the "Insert Function" display for mail merge

I have entered times into a spreadsheet which have been formatted to hh:mm.
They show up in the cells correctly, but in the function line (fx) they show
up as hh:mm:ss AM or PM, respectively. When I do a mail merge, the time that
is brought into the merged document is what is showing in the function line.
How do I get it to bring the data that is being displayed in the cell?

Example: 6:00 PM shows in cell.......06:00:00 PM shows in the function line
and this is what gets merged into the Word document.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mail Merge is of course MS Word.

If you are only comfortable in Excel interfacing to Mail Merge
the easies way is to
Create a helper column that has the value you want as text
=TEXT(B4,"hh:mm:ss AM/PM")

If you are comfortable in MS Word as well there are other
solutions, which you will find in the links to MS Word
oriented material see...

For more information on Mail Merge see

---
HTH,