David McRitchie

Thanks for the link, I don't think I copied it down before
and am adding it to my statusbar.htm document.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/statusbar.htm

"Dave Peterson" wrote..
If you have lots and lots of formulas, sometimes the "calculate" doesn't
disappear form the Statusbar.

(Excel does finish calculating, though.)

XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References

frank wrote:

David,
it is a large file. there a lot of SumProduct formulas.
I have a few of these but this is the only one that still
has the Calculate message at the bottom. I did turn off
the automatic calculation formula because it takes a few
minutes for everything to calculate.