Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Validated cells and IF statements

Hi Karl
Try
=IF(A3="","",
IF(A3-TODAY()=0,"",
IF(AND(A3-TODAY()<0,A1="Back from Production"),"Done","Late")))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Karl" wrote in message

My manager has asked me to add some columns to our planning
spreadsheet that
will allow us to easily see if another department is taking too long
doing
its work. I need to create a fairly complicated IF formula, can anyone
help?

I've added four columns to the sheet, these are as follows:

A1: Where now?
Using the validation function I've created a drop down box in this
column
which has four options "Us checking", "To Art", "To production", "Back
from
production".

A2: With whom
This simply lists the name of the person within the production
department
who is working on the document.

A3: Deadline
This column is formatted as a date and shows the deadline by which the
piece
of work should be returned to us.

A4: Late?
This is the column I want to format. If A3 is empty I want this cell
to be
blank. If the deadline in A3 has passed this cell should display the
word
"LATE". If the deadline has passed, BUT the drop down box in A1 is set
"Back from production" then this cell should display the word "DONE".

Can anyone tell me what this formula should be?

Thanks

Karl