Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:53:01 -0800, HHG wrote:

I have tried everything! I have a column of numbers that I need to add
together, and I cannot get it to work. All I get in a big fat 0! I down
loaded the information from my bank. I have tried reformatting the cells,
but nothing seems to help. If I type in the numbers in the next column, and
use the sum function, it works...but I do not want to type in over 3000
numbers! I have even tried copying and pasting the column to another
column...I am stumped...can anyone help - PLEASE!

With a number in A1, try this formula:

=--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),""))

to convert the entry to text. You should then be able to add the numbers.

--ron