Mark

Copy the contents of the page, not sheet copy but select
all cells will do and paste into a new sheet. The sheet
you are using maybe a text sheet or web page that looks
like an excel sheet. better to open a new workbook and
paste the clipboard contents into that one then try the
sum.

also,
If you highlight the column of numbers, your status bar at
the bottom right (in the grey part) will show the sum
value.
- Mark

See my stuff at:

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

Joke of the day:
Q: What's the difference between mens toilet and womens
toilet?

A: Mens toilet seat is always wet!!

HA! ha! Ha!