Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Peter van der Donk Peter van der Donk is offline

Default Problem starting Office XP SP3 after system restore

After doing a system restore on a Windows XP Professional SP2 notebook we've
got a dependency problem with installated Office XP Updates.

Office XP is installed through GPO policy. Then updates get installed
through a WSUS policy. After restoring to a earlier time, we've lost a lot of
later installed updates. When starting office Word, Excel of Powerpoint you
get errors that the system wants to install something but can't find it.

I've solved a lot of them by extracting the packages and pointing the
installer to this location. But now have excelff.msp (KB918420) and this one
is really annoying. I keep getting an error that this is not the right
installation package.

Would like to know if there is a way to break through the circle.

PD