Ringmaster Ringmaster is offline
Junior Member

Dave,

Please accept my apology for not getting back to you sooner! I've been working on a "Quicken" Loan Schedule problem for several weeks (I think I have too many things going at the same time).

I am attaching a copy of what I have accomplished so far. I have selected my range to include Lines 1 through 1000, and completed the next two steps; I'm stuck with the "And then copy the formula to its proper home".

Could I get you to give me step-by-step instructions to copy the formula to its proper home?

I've tried several methods, including creating a new sheet and trying to paste to "Column A".

I use "Excel" for cataloging and sorting, which requires a very elementary knowledge of Excel. I know Excel is capable of performing many complex features that I will never use.

My main "expertise", is restoring LP records and tapes, and making CD's from them; that's why I need to catalog all of my vinyl records.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

John Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Peterson
Put this in A1
="45-"&TEXT(ROW()/2,"0000")&"-"&IF(MOD(ROW()/2,1)=0,"B","A")
and drag down.

Then select your range
edit|copy
edit|paste special|values

And then copy the formula to its proper home.

Ringmaster wrote:

I am setting up my numbers column as follows:

45-0001-A
45-0001-B
45-0002-A
45-0002-B

Is there any way I can "auto fill" a column, with the same number
twice, and add "-A" for record side A information, (Title column;
Artist column; Genre column, etc.)then add "-B" for the record side B
information.

I was thinking of making two "worksheets", one worksheet with the
"Number Column", starting with "45-0001-A"; and another worksheet with
the "Number Column" starting with "45-0001-B", but I don't know how to
auto fill by only increasing by the last "digit character", and let the
"alpha character" remain the same on each worksheet.

After I did this, I would highlight and "copy" (or "Select All") of
worksheet No. 2 (-B), go to line "9999" on worksheet No. 1 (-A), and
"paste", then sort Column A, "A-Z", and "Save".

My mind goes blank at this point (seems like this should work). If
not, does anyone have any suggestions.

--
Ringmaster

--