Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Link a chart from another Excel file

Copy the chart from one workbook, paste it into the other, and it will
remain linked to the original workbook.

If you mean, how do you link it to the new workbook, here's what I answered
to a post from a couple days ago:

Can a copy of a chart remain "live"

The charts are live, but they are still linked to the original data. You
could go through the Source Data dialog (Chart menu) to update the links to
the new data, but if the data sheets have the same layout, it is easier to
copy the whole sheet, including data and chart. This way, the chart is
linked to the data on its sheet. Then paste new data over the old and the
chart will update accordingly.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Andy" wrote in message
I can't figure out how to paste a chart (with data I guess) into another
Excel file so that it's linked. I'm doing it in Excel 2000. Can anyone
help? thanks.