Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CC CC is offline

Default formaula used to abstract portion of a cell to another cell

how can you use the same principle with email addresses?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Look at the LEFT, MID and RIGHT functions in help.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"cc" wrote in message
if cell a1 contains text (10-22-198) how do I write a formula that will

opy
only a section of the text to another cell. Ex I would like to be able to
take one of the sets of numbers and populate into another cell. But I

want
the formula to run through out the column so if cloumn A1 has 10-22-198

then
I could populate B1 with 22 or 10 or 128 and if A2 was a different text

the
formular would still populate using B1's informaton into B2.