Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK HEK is offline

Default Link a chart from another Excel file

Hi Andy:
I dont have XL2000 (but 2003). You can Copy and "Paste Special" [select:
Paste as Link] from Excel to Word, and likewise from Word to Excel, but not
from Excel workbook A to Excel workbook B weirdly enough. However, I tested
it by copying and pasting as link the chart from Excel to Word and then from
Word to a new Excel workbook (again copy/paste special, selecting "paste as
link"). Now if I change the numbers in my first Excel sheet, the chart
updates in BOTH Excel workbooks, amazingly (and also in Word, but who cares).
So I guess it's worth to try this workaround in Excel 2000.
HTH,
GL,
Henk

"Andy" wrote:

I can't figure out how to paste a chart (with data I guess) into another
Excel file so that it's linked. I'm doing it in Excel 2000. Can anyone
help? thanks.