Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lew Schwartz Lew Schwartz is offline

Default Double click xlsname in explorer doesn't work.

My recent foray into automating excel via its com interface went fine as far
as the program is concerned. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I've
messed up its ability to function interactively from my desktop. In
particular, when I double click on a xls file in Windows explorer, excel
starts up with the message "Windows cannot find "+ the name of the xls in
question or a similar dialog with a "Microsoft Excel" caption which reads
"<xyz could not be found. Check... ", where xyz is a garbled form of the
name of the directory in which the xls in question resides. I can eventually
open the files in question via File-Open, but I'd like to get everything
back to the way it was.
TIA
-Lew