Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DianneZ DianneZ is offline

Default Inserting space in between formulas

Yes Mary
here it is
Essentially you copy the cell with the formula in it that iscreating the
text values that are linked together.

Then you paste it into a blank cell but only paste the values

Here is how to do that
1 - copy the cell(s)
2 - click in the blank cell
3 - edit -paste special - values - ok

you are done!

enjoy!

"Mary" wrote:

Thanks, that worked great! Now I want to delete the column that references
that formula, but I get "ref" in the column that I put the formula. Is there
a way to delete that column but still keep my formula intact?

"Boo" wrote:

=A1 & " " & B1

or

=A1 & " - " & B1

Where,

A1 = First part of text (or numbers)
B1 = Second part of text (or numbers)

Substitute A1 / B1 with the relevant cells in your spreadsheet

"Mary" wrote:

I put in a formula to combine a string of words with numbers and would like a
space or dash to go in between. How do I do this?