Peter

Not sure if this will help..

But I had a similar problem a few months ago, and it turned out to be
settings for Excel that were doing it.

Open Tools/Options and have a look at the settings on each machine.

Regards
Peter

"CVS" wrote:

Apparently Excel lets you save workbooks that can't be opened. After saving
my work and copying the 6.5meg file to another network location, I found
that Excel crashed when attempting to re-open the file (Excel has generated
errors and needs to close...). This happened on several computers. Finally,
another machine was able to open the file (on its second attempt). I
re-saved the file under another name and it ended up 1meg larger in size.
The workbook has about 10 sheets with lots of charts... Any ideas?
Everyone said, "Don't you have a backup?!" Of course the backups won't open
either.