Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Trying to unhide A-K

I don't have statistics for this, but I bet if you took a random sample of the
1000's of daily posts in the *excel* newsgroups, you'd find the overwhelming
majority are top posted.

(I didn't mean to restart a religious war, but personally, I like reading top
posted messages. I don't need to read/scroll through the OP's quoted message in
each followup message. And yes, if messages were snipped, it would make it
clearer--but that doesn't happen very often around here, either. And no, I
don't have stats on that statement, either!)

James Silverton wrote:

Hello, Dave!
You wrote on Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:16:19 -0500:

DP And in the MS newsgroups, top posting is pretty much the
DP rule. Bottom posting is the exception. Well, in the
DP *excel* newsgroups anyway.

I won't believe this assertion without statistics and I won't
stop replying properly, IMHO :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: