JulieD

Hi Monir

received and answered :) (well as best as i could anyway)

Cheers
JulieD

"monir" wrote in message
Hi Julie;
I've just done that (direct).
Thank you.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Rob

also using Excel 2003 on windows XP i can use paste & paste special while
the runme is running ... and i don't get any 'jiggling' - if you'ld like
send me your workbook direct (julied_ng at hcts dot net dot au) i'ld be
happy to test it on my system and see if i can spot what's going on

Cheers
JulieD

"monir" wrote in message
(Excel 2003 Windows XP)

Hi JulieD;

I'm trying "Schedule a macro to run" from Rob van Gelder's website, as
per
your earlier suggestion.

1. I've added Activate and Deactivate w/s events, and w/b Open event
the
procedure. The intended cell blinks nicely at one-sec intervals.
There
are,
however, two problems with the procedure while RunMe() is running.

2. The Excel Screen, mouse Pointer, task bar Ready, etc. "jiggle" or
"pulsate" at random. Tried on 2 different computers, two different OS,
two
different versions of Excel. The jiggling stops once I stop RunMe() !!

3. The "Paste" and "Paste Special" commands in the Excel Edit menu are
disabled while RunMe() is running !
I've inserted the following at the top of ScheduleNextEvent() and later
at
the top of RunMe(): (without success!)
If Application.CutCopyMode = FLASE Then
ActiveWorkbook.Styles("normal"). NumberFormat = _
ActiveWorkbook.Styles("normal"). NumberFormat
End If

Your advice on how to solve these 2 problems would be greatly
appreciated.
Regards and have a nice day!

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Rob,

would formatting it lime green & purple help? seriously, you'll need
use
VBA to achieve this, so i'm not sure it falls into the simple
category,
however, Rob van Gelder posted this answer to a similar question a
couple
of
months back
*****
Check out my website for "Schedule a macro to run"
Include something like:
Sub RunMe()
With Range("A1").Font
If .ColorIndex = 3 Then .ColorIndex = 4 Else .ColorIndex = 3
End With
ScheduleNextEvent
End Sub
or if you want the background to blink: With Range("A1").Interior
******

Hope this helps
JulieD

"Rob at BTAS Inc." wrote in
message
Is there a simple way to make a cell blink or flash or otherwise be
very
distinctive from other cells?