Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David F Cox David F Cox is offline

Default show 3 sets of data per data point in a scatter plot

I am interested in the response to this. I am trying to plot map points onto
a graphic using different symbols, and the abilty to pop-up more info would
be welcome.

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Hello, Marie!
You wrote on Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:08:02 -0700:

M I would like to be able to plot the pieces of info for each
M data point in a scatter plot and have all the information
M appear when the mouse hovers above each point, i.e.: Name of
M School, percentage of test takers, percentage passed. Is
M this possible?

I'll admit I don't know how to do this but is a scatter plot appropriate
anyway? This is a little unusual since much more often people try to plot
scatter data in a line plot :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not