Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default opening excel and word file in 2007

No, not a mistake. The purpose of beta software is to test, and updating to
the latest beta and finding an error like this is what betas are for. This is
a good thing.

"archarch" wrote:

I am having the same problem and everything was working fine. I too updated
to Beta2--obviously a mistake.

"Alistair" wrote:

Hello all,
Up until a couple of hours ago- everything worked great- using the beta 2007
ms office. I just updated the beta version with the Beta2 teachnical
refresh- & I can't open any excel files or word files- not one! the error
says that there is a conflict with my anti -virus program & that the file is
corrupted, so I disabled the anti-virus program& tried to open them again-
same problem- every single file effected. Has anyone else encountered this
problem? Any solutions?
...Alistair