Peo Sjoblom

Don't format the cell as text, format as general

Peo Sjoblom

"Brian Keanie" wrote in message
.. .
Thanx Bob .... The cell is formatted as text and the TOVFormulas is not
checked. The thing I can't quite get is that the wee wizard comes up with
the correct answer but it will not show in the cell.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Is the cell formatted as text?

Also, check ToolsOptionsView that the Formulas box is not checked.

--

HTH

RP

"Brian Keanie" wrote in message
.. .
Maybe it should be "Simple AND Stumped"

Attempting a very simple VLOOKUP formula and can't get the result in
the
cell with the formula. =VLOOKUP(B4,testrange,2,FALSE).
The Fx or Function Arguments wizard shows me the correct answer but it

does
not appear in the cell. Only the formula appears there.

I have used VLOOKUPS successfully before, but stumped here. Any hints
or
solutions would be appreciated.

Regards