Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default excel versions

This is not the behavior I'd expect.

The file format for xl97 through xl2003 is the same. Any of these versions of
excel should be able to open a file created in any other of these versions.

If you emailed the .xls file to the other user, maybe something happened in the
transmission.

You may want to try zipping the file, emailing it, and have the recipient unzip
the file to get to the .xls file.

I use www.winzip.com, but there are a lot of free zip (and unzip) programs.

miyuki wrote:

I need to develop a MI report in excel. However, the version on my
computer is version 2003, but persons who are going to look at it only
have version 97. I've tried to create a test sheet on my computer and
requested my user, who's got version 97, to open it. As expected, he
was not able to open it.

Is there anyway I can create the report in 2003 but the file is to be
viewable in 97?

--
miyuki

--