Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Repeated shading of rows??

I use this formula to shade the Weekends:

=WEEKDAY($A2,2)5

Dave Peterson wrote:

Chip Pearson shows how to use Format|Conditional formatting to shade certain
rows:

http://cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

But since you have dates in column A, I'd just depend on that.

Say you have headers in row 1.

Then select your range (A2:x9999)
and with A2 the activecell
format|conditional formatting
formula is: =weekday($a2)=1
and give it a nice format.

=Weekday() will return 1 for Sunday, 2 for Monday, ..., 7 for Saturday)

========
I use this formula to shade both Saturday and Sunday:

=WEEKDAY($A2,2)

Look at Excel's help to see what adding that second argument does to the
function.

Andy wrote:

I want to create simple planner/calendar:

(a) Dates on the left
(b) One line for each day.
(c) The rest of the line going across the page for my text.

I would like to shade in every seventh row.

Can I do this shading automatically with Excel 2003?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson