Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Why does Excel 2000 crash when formatting a cell to Date?

One more guess.

You may want to look at the video driver, too. Maybe download an updated driver
could help.

J.Vey wrote:

XP Home
Office 2000

(2) user accounts, both administrative.

One user account works fine. When logged in under the other account, Excel
crashes when you try to format a cell to a date format. All other formats
work (Text, Currency, Number...). When I right click in a cell and select
format cell, once I select date, Excel shutsdown. If a cell is already in
Date format and I right click. As soon as I select format cell, Excel
shutsdown.

This does not happen in the other administrative account. It's not document
dependant as this happens on a new spreadsheet.

I've tried restoring the system to a couple days prior, beginning of the
month and 3 months and it still does the same thing. Is it something in the
registry?

Thanks for any help on this.

John Vey

--