Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
J.Vey J.Vey is offline

Default Why does Excel 2000 crash when formatting a cell to Date?

XP Home
Office 2000

(2) user accounts, both administrative.

One user account works fine. When logged in under the other account, Excel
crashes when you try to format a cell to a date format. All other formats
work (Text, Currency, Number...). When I right click in a cell and select
format cell, once I select date, Excel shutsdown. If a cell is already in
Date format and I right click. As soon as I select format cell, Excel
shutsdown.

This does not happen in the other administrative account. It's not document
dependant as this happens on a new spreadsheet.

I've tried restoring the system to a couple days prior, beginning of the
month and 3 months and it still does the same thing. Is it something in the
registry?

Thanks for any help on this.

John Vey