Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default VLOOKUP NOT WORKING

Thanks for the feedback - glad to help.

Pete

missymissy wrote:
Pete

You're a star and I'm very silly.

Can't believe I didn't think of it!

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Where you have text values you need to check for any leading or
trailing spaces - try the TRIM( ) function on these in the same way as
VALUE( ) on the numerics.

Hope this helps.

Pete

missymissy wrote:
Hi

I hope someone can help me, please bear with me:

I am trying to do a vlookup and the result is coming back #N/A.

The exact fields match in both worksheets but for some reaon it is not
picking it up? The lookup values are both numeric and alpha numeric.

I thought I would use =value(a2) function. This works but only for the
numeric values otherwise it comes back #VALUE?

EG:

Cell A2 Function Result

30000117 =value(a2) 30000117 (the lookup will now work from this
value)
AAA-AWT5/1 =value(a2) #VALUE!

I've also tried using the =TEXT(a2,0) function. This gives me a value back
for both Numeric and Alpha numeric, but it does not resolve the lookup
problem.

Please please help

If you need any more info let me know