Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Chris Chris is offline

Default How to sort with merged rows

But every contact is going to have a lot of data. And every contact will
have notes.
I also want to keep it under one page so I can print it out for review on a
daily basis.
Below is my example.
First row Bob Smith/IRA/Destination/Amount/Address/Phone Number
Second Row- Notes: Bob Smith called to say that he received the paperwork.

"gls858" wrote:

Chris wrote:
This is my delema. I have data that I need to input. At the same time I
would like to have a blank area below each contact so that I can add notes.
The first problem is that when I try to sort, excel keeps saying "this
operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized"
Even if I do get by that problem, how can I keep the notes and the
contact/data info above it together when I use a sort.

My solution would be to put the notes in as a comment. Simply right
click and select comments. This will bring up a "note pad" and mark
the cell so that you know it has an attached comment.

Another method would be to put the note in the same row as the
contact name.

gls858