Dave R.

Under formatcells, you can specify, under "protection", whether a cell is
locked or unlocked when the sheet is protected. If you have a range that you
want to be able to edit as you go, select it, formatprotectionunlock. Then
go to toolsprotection and protect the worksheet with a password. All cells
on the sheet other those you "unlocked" will be protected from editing.
You'll still be able to enter data in, delete, etc. the cells in the range
you unlocked.

"camalex03" wrote in message
I have set up a spreadsheet for the whole year. I want to make the cells
that contain formulas from being changed without a warning of some type.

can't understand all the "help" answers. I need lamen terms. Thank you!!