Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mheavers mheavers is offline

Default How do I assign a numerical value to a textual entry to calculate percent completion?

Hi guys, I have a spreadsheet that looks as follows

Packslip | Text | Photo | SEO | % Complete

440158 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 66%
440159 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 33%

The ones in this spreadsheet represent "complete" and the zeroes
represent "incomplete" -
The % complete field automatically calculates the total of the 3 stages
of completion and divides them by the number of stages (3) to
calculate a percentage. What I want to be able to do is write
"complete" in place of "1" and have it still asign a numerical value of
"1" in my formula. Is this possible? Thanks!

Mike