Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Avadivelan TCS Avadivelan TCS is offline

Default Excel Row Limitation - Import External Data

Hi Bill Pfister,
Ya i need more details, Is there any macro for automatically fill the data
upto 65536 row in the Sheet1 and the remaining data in the Sheet2

"Bill Pfister" wrote:

You won't be able to put all the data on one sheet if you keep it in a single
block of three columns. Easiest thing to do is break the text file into
pieces less than 65536 lines long and import to separate sheets. This is
fairly easy to do in VBA. Let me know if you'd like more details.

bp

"Avadivelan TCS" wrote:

Hi All,
I am having a Text (.txt) file . It contains a record like this:

CalledNo CalledDuration Date
12354 04:50 10/10/2005
4789 12:30 12/25/2005
....etc.

that Text file contains more than 80,000 records. how can i import that data
from TEXT to EXCEL.
Thanks in advance