abfabrob

I was given this code:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As BooleaÂ*n, _

Cancel As Boolean)

Dim cell As Range

For Each cell In Range("Required_Cells")

If IsEmpty(cell.Value) Then

MsgBox "You must fill in cell " & cell.AddreÂ*ss

Application.Goto cell

Cancel = True

Exit For

End If

Next cell

End Sub

But I have no idea what it means. I put it in the right place (I think) and
I input the cells I want the users to fill in, butI keep getting this
message: "Compile error: user-defined type not defined".

I so have no knowledge of anything, quite clearly. I need it explained step
by step.

Cheers,

Rob

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

following on from your discussion with Jason Morin (please stay in the
original thread) - what is the code you're getting the errors on, what is
the sheet name and cells that you want to make mandatory?

Cheers
JulieD

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I am creating an application form where I want users to fill certain cells
in
before closing the document.

Does anyone have an idiots guide to doing this, cos I'm not great with
excell.

ANY help welcome!!!