cdb

If you mean in the drop down menu when you click file, follow the other
peoples advice. If you mean when you click oopen it's still there, that's
because you will have deleted the contents of the file, but not the file
itself. To do this right click on the file in the open window (cannot be open
itself to do this) and then click delete.

"NANMAC" wrote:

I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete
the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files.
You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME