Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Default VLOOKUP returning errors

It sounds like your A2 cell and your associated lookup cell have some
differences.
physically find one which looks like a match and enter
=A2='July Serial Numbers'!A?? (what ever cell looks like a match)
if the response is false, there might be leading or trailing spaces, one
might be a number and the other might be text.
Once you have found what the mismatch is, there are normally ways to easily
compensate and get you back to what you want to do.

"Dave F" wrote:

I have the following VLOOKUP formula, =VLOOKUP(A2,'July Serial
Numbers'!$A$1:$M$72,5,FALSE), which returns #N/A errors.

A2 is in a column named Asset Number, the tab July Serial Numbers has the
related serial numbers 5 columns from the left (column E). What am I doing
wrong?

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.