Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default VLOOKUP returning errors

Yeah that's what's confusing me. As far as I can tell, the value in A2 in
the tab July Serial numbers is the same as the value in A2 in the first tab.
Seem to be formatted the same, etc.

Have to play around with it, I suppose.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"shail" wrote:

Hi Dave,

This error comes up when it does not find the required value for
VLOOKUP. Check the value of A2 in the tab July Serial Numbers.

Thanks,

Shail

Dave F wrote:
I have the following VLOOKUP formula, =VLOOKUP(A2,'July Serial
Numbers'!$A$1:$M$72,5,FALSE), which returns #N/A errors.

A2 is in a column named Asset Number, the tab July Serial Numbers has the
related serial numbers 5 columns from the left (column E). What am I doing
wrong?

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.