Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Soth Soth is offline

Default Help with formula

Dave,
Great ! ABS(-10) is what i'm looking for.

But how I do change positive 10 to Negative 10?

I have a list such as below, like to change to operation sign:

-10
10
-20
30
-50

Thanks
Soth

"Dave F" wrote:

For the negative number to be changed to a positive number, you can do
ABS(-10) which returns 10.

I'm not aware of a function which returns the negative equivalent of a
positive number. Perhaps =X-2X. Exmple: =10-2(10) = -10.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Soth" wrote:

Hi

How do I creat a formula by switching the operation sign, for example:

From Negative Ten (-10) to positive of 10

Vice versa

From Positive of 10 to Negative (-10)

Thank you