Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChuckF ChuckF is offline

Default Testing someones skillz...

I am looking to test his abilities when it comes to formulas, pivot
tables, lists. Nothing too over board. I have spreadsheets that have
been created that he will be maintaining, as well as needing to set up
other spreadsheets.

I basically want to make sure that if I ask him to set up a spreadsheet
containing vlookup's (insert any basic type of formula here), he won't
look at me like I have 2 heads.

Dave F wrote:
Excel is such a broad and deep program it's hard to know what to test the guy
on without knowing what you'll rely on him for.

Example: will he be programming? Running financial models? Engineering?
Statistical analysis?

Someone can be expert in one of these areas and not knowledgeable about
another.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"ChuckF" wrote:

I am trying to determine the level of Excel knowledge for someone I
recently started working with. I would like to put together some sort
of "test" which will show me what he knows. Is anyone aware of a test
like this (say online, or downloadable), or does anyone have any
suggestions as to what I could test him on?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!