Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Working with logical functions

You're entering 0 as text. Try eliminating the quotation marks around it.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"beyond22" wrote:

I am Working with Excel 2003 using the IF operator where the correct result
appears but the value doesn't make sense to me. Using the following:
=IF(C9<F9,"0",C9-F9) where C9 is 600,000 and F9 is the product of
10,000,000*.07 which is 700,000 the result is correctly the number zero (0).

The trouble is if I attempt to use that cell for additional calculations the
value (0) is greater than any positive number. What am I missing?