Bob Phillips

How about

=IF(COUNTA(A2:E2)=5."Value 1",IF(COUNTA(A2:E2)=0,"Value 2","Value 3"))

--

HTH

RP

"Drew Halevy" wrote in message
Greetings,

I do tech support (Exchange) for a school district, and I have been
approached with an Excel question by one of the users. I am fairly skilled
with Excel, but formulas are a weakness for me. In a simplified form, here
is the problem.

cells A1:E1 list the names of school

cells A2:E2 list a value (in this case, a checkmark)

that the end user is looking for in cell F2 is a formula that will look at
cells A2:E2, and if all the cells are checked, will return one value, if

all
the cells are unchecked, will return a second value, and if only some are
checked, will return a third value.

Any thoughts? I have tried playing with IF formulas, but have not had much
success. Thanks In Advance. -Drew